Skip to main content

unable to reopen onlime lecture modules

unable to reopen onlime lecture modules
by Heather Farmer -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I've just completed the forelimb lectures in the STS/Ortho PgC course online. However, when I just tried to re-open the first two lectures of week 1 they will not open and the page is just blank with 'review mode' in the top corner. Some of them open and some of them don't - I've had this sporadically before when I've tried to re-open random lectures to check things in practice. Please could you look into this problem please? I've also posted on that modules forum but this is an across module problem. I am on a windows computer not a mac, but havent changed anything about the computer itself and some of the lectures open fine just not all of them and had no problem opening them and completing the content in them first time around.

Thanks

Heather Farmer

In reply to Heather Farmer
Re: unable to reopen onlime lecture modules
by Heather Farmer -
I still cannot open these, please can someone help?
I can access the lectures on the moodle app on my phone once I've completed them but not on my computer even though the computer is how I have completed them in the first place without issue. I seems to attempt to open them but then just gives me a blank screen and 'review mode' in tiny font in the top left corner.
by Heather Farmer -

Hi Heather I hope you are well,

I do apologise you were unable to reopen the lessons, the team have taken a look into this and believe the error to now be resolved, and we have also checked you are able to reopen all lessons via your browser again.

Hopefully you should not experience this issue again but if you have any further issues please let us know and we will ensure it is fixed as soon as possible for you.

Kind regards,

Laura.

by Heather Farmer -
HI Laura
Still the same issue I'm afraid. I cannot reopen any of the forelimb or hindlimb lectures on my computer. However, I randomly tried the first lecture of the upper GI system and it opened without issue.
by Heather Farmer -

Morning Heather, sorry to hear these lessons are still not working for you,

I have just tested the lessons with your login and these have opened for me on my laptop so this could potentially be an issue with the browser rather than the individual lessons.

Please could I ask you to ensure you are using google chrome and ensure that you have the pop up blocker enabled for our site, to allow the lesson to launch, i have provided a link with further guidance below on how to find those settings:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

I think it may also be worth clearing your browser history also - just to ensure we have covered everything.

I really hope this helps but please let me know how you get on or if I can help any further.

Kind regards,

Laura.

by Heather Farmer -
Hi Laura
It now is working on google chrome, I was using firefox before - its strange because some it would open fine just not others. I will use chrome from now on and hopefully that will sort the problem. Thank you for your time.