Improve International are posting the below on behalf of Oxford cat Clinic:
We are seeking a First Opinion Veterinary Surgeon
to join our team.
Previous cat-only experience is not required. Your enthusiasm, attitude, and willingness to contribute to the team count for so much more. We guarantee that your feline medicine knowledge will grow daily working in this team. We offer feline focused CPD in and out of house. An interest and enthusiasm for first opinion surgical work is an advantage.
We are a busy 2-site practice in Oxford. Working with us offers a unique opportunity to be immersed in all things cat with a team of experts in the field. You will be working closely as part of a four-strong first opinion team, supported by ANAs to help with cat handling and our fabulous RVNs who run their own clinics. We also run a Feline Internal Medicine Referral Service, headed up by Martha Cannon, RCVS Specialist, Lauren Demos American Diplomate and two Advanced Practitioners. The two teams work closely allowing First Opinion clinicians to refer internally and informally learn from the referral expertise around them in ward rounds, case conversations, and internal CPD.
We know vets work at their best when there is good case communication, team support, and a sensible workflow, so we make this happen. 20-minute consultations are standard with regular gaps in the day for admin and lab reporting. Lunch breaks and finish times are respected.
If you are interested in this role then please call us, don't hesitate, we would love to speak to you.
Please email or call the Clinic on 01865 243000 and ask to speak to Mel, Caroline or Martha.
· Tuesday to Friday - Mondays off!
· Hours: Full-time 38 hours per week
· One in four weekends (8 hours of consulting spread over 2 days, care for in-patients)
· Additional Friday off the week following your weekend duty.
· No out-of-hours/on-call. We do look after some cases on-site overnight and you are part of that rota
· £40,000 to £60,000 commensurate with experience
· Ideally at least 2 to 3 years plus UK RCVS registration and practice experience
· A fondness for cats essential with an interest in feline medicine
· Previous cat-only qualifications or specific experience is not required
· Dental procedure competencey is necessary
· Dental x-ray and local blocks can be taught
· An Interest in soft tissue surgery is an advantage
· Supportive and friendly team mentality essential
Head to our website www.oxfordcatclinic.co.uk and watch our video to learn more about us.Kind regards,
Beth Dunne, Programme Coordinator