Skip to main content

Job vacancy-West Midlands

Job vacancy-West Midlands
by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Good afternoon 

Having used the usual channels unsuccessfully to try and fill a job vacancy I  thought I would post on this site with a view to garnering interest from a new source, using an informal pitch to prospective applicants.   We have a purely small animal position in a three centre mixed practice, with the position mostly based at our Droitwich site.  While I could post the usual list of requirements, its not a terribly original thing to do.  So what do I want from a new vet?  If I give you a bit a feel for the practice and and the staff then hopefully it may tickle your fancy!

We are a fiercely independent practice, based in the market town of Droitwich Spa.  We are proud to be part of, and to serve, our local community.  We are highly visible in terms of contributing to town life with dog shows, puppy parties and country shows being prominent events in the social calendar.  We have a solid "general practice" ethic and reputation and we want to provide a fair and sensible level of service to our clients.  We have invested heavily in staff, equipment and training in recent years, as demonstrated by our new laparoscopic equipment; my training on the PgC surgery course with resulting purchase of AO/ASIF kits etc; and a shiny new branch surgery opened in the last eighteen months, to name but three examples.  

To give you an idea of the last three vets employed within the practice, one is an awesome cake baker who nearly made the final cut of the Bake Off, the second seems to find time to help run the family farm, and the third has her very own animal charity and spends her holidays feeding orphan rhinos in  Southern Africa.  They are also keen and dedicated vets!  The point of telling you this is not to make you feel as if you have to live up to such magnificent extracurricular activities.  However, it shows the type of person who fits in with our team, as we are looking for someone with  energy and drive who will complement the team we already have.  You may already be doing a post grad course, or thinking about doing one, you may have a specific area of interest, or you just want to have the chance to excel in a practice with modern standards but good old-fashioned values.

I appreciate that you won't want to communicate on an open (ish) forum, but if this may be the sort of job for you then feel free to email me on lucyandsteve@hotmail.com and I can fill in the gaps with more specific information such as rotas, staff levels, holiday allowances, pay etc.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Steven Odell